Questions people might ask...
Here are the top ten questions which may be asked about our church. These can also be found on our church website (Click Here).
The top 10 questions that are asked about our church:
- How long is the service? Our Sunday service begins at 11:30 AM and ends around 12:45 PM. Our Thursday night Refresh! service begins at 7:00 PM and ends about 8:00 PM.
- What about children? We have nursery care for little ones and a children's Sunday School. On Thursday nights we do not have nursery care. Elementary through adults meet together.
- What’s the service like? Our service consists of some singing, yet we are not driven by music, but by the teaching of the Word. We have a time of announcements and prayer requests. We take some time to pray for the needs of the church, and the pastor will open the Bible and teach.
- How large is the church? We are not enamored with size, but want to minister to anyone who comes in the doors. If we are small, we are as content as if we are large.
- Will I be welcome? We try not to complicate church so you will feel welcome. We are not impressed with “excellence.” We think that much of the talk about excellence has just resulted in churches putting on a well-crafted show. We just want to be family–loving each other, growing in the Lord, and serving in our community.
- Does the church promote a social gospel? We don’t think we can “advance the Kingdom.” We think the Kingdom of God will come when the King comes. In the mean time, our job is to be faithful with the message of grace.
- Is the church controlling? We don’t have a long list of “don'ts,” because a grocery list of “thou shalt not’s” doesn’t lead one to spiritual growth. We just teach the Bible, as written, and let it be our only guide for living.
- Will I be asked to give money? We don’t talk about money unless the verses we are teaching are about money. We have a small basket in the front of the church, and you can put in it whatever you desire, whenever you desire.
- How do people normally dress? Come as you are.
- Do I need to bring a Bible? If you have a Bible, bring one. It's always good to have a Bible of your own you can highlight and mark with notes. We have a stack of Bibles for use during the service. We also have Bibles for sale if you would like one of your own. We teach from the New King James Version of the Bible, but many in our church use other English translations.